Care Quality Commission
This Practice is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
As from April 2013 it is compulsory for all Practice’s and Health
Centre’s in England to be registered with CQC.
The Practice was last inspected by the CQC on Tuesday 04 August 2015. We expect our next inspection to be in late 2017 or early 2018.
If you would like to find out further information regarding this inspection please ask to speak to Dr Alan Howlett - Principal GP and Practice Manager or Mrs Stephanie Stacey - Practice Administrator
CQC Statement of Purpose
Health & Social Care Act 2008
Dr Alan Howlett
Blake House Surgery
Tel 01409 231628 or 01409 335830
Aims and Objectives
· To provide the highest standard of medical services to our patients’
· To ensure our patients’ are seen by the most appropriate professional as quickly as possible
· To guide our staff in accordance with diversity and equality
· To understand and work in partnership with patients, their families and carers and encourage them to participate fully in the decision making about their treatment
· To focus on prevention of disease by promoting health and wellbeing by offering care and advice to our patients
· To encourage patients to consider lifestyle changes that would improve their general health and well-being
· To work closely when appropriate with other professionals/NHS Health Care provider in in the care of patients to ensure that the most appropriate and cost efficient pathways are devised resulting in patients having easier access to services closer to home
· To ensure effective and robust Information Governance systems
· To treat patients with the same respect and dignity we would want for ourselves.
· To encourage patients to join the Patient Forum, and take part in survey
· To provide patients with a safe, clean and friendly environment
· To continuously improve the lines of communication to patients using the latest technologies as appropriate
· To maintain a high standard of cleanliness throughout the premises to protect patients and staff against infection
· To have equipment regularly inspected to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose and to take action to remedy any issues which arise
· To ensure all members of the practice team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties and maintain a programme of continuous professional development
· To protect all staff by having zero tolerance covering all forms of abuse
· To provide suitable clinics and care to manage long term conditions
· To gain consent where appropriate for any treatment or investigation
Blake House Surgery is a small friendly single handed dispensing rural practice with a large elderly population. We are a PMS Practice offering Primary Care for the diagnosis and prevention of disease. We would describe ourselves as a typical English rural practice
The Surgery is open for registration to permanent patients and temporary residents.
|16 - 30||159||148||307|
|31 - 50||223||243||466|
|51 - 70||375||396||771|
|71 - 100||261||262||523|
Dr Howlett is the registered Manager and Practice Manager with Stephanie Stacey - Practice Administrator being nominated for the day to day running.
The registered location is
Blake House Surgery
Blake House Surgery has registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) for the following activities
· Diagnosis and Screening Procedures
· Maternity and Midwifery Services
· Surgical Procedures
· Treatment of Disease, Disorder or Injury