pad_and_penSuggestions & Complaints

 Complaints Procedure


We always try to give you the best service possible, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened. This leaflet explains what to do if you have a complaint about the services we provide for you.


We hope you will use the practice procedure to allow us to look into and, if necessary, put right any problems you have identified or mistakes that may have been made.


If you wish to make a comment, complaint or suggestion, please contact the Surgery.  It would be most helpful to us if you would make your complaint in writing to the Practice Manager, as it would give a first hand version of the event.


We think it is important to deal with complaints swiftly. We will acknowledge the receipt of your complaint within 48 hours. We will instigate the investigation immediately and you will be offered an appointment for a meeting to discuss matters where appropriate. You may bring a friend or relative with you to the meeting. Occasionally, if we have to make a lot of enquiries or those who are concerned are away, it might take a little longer, but we will keep you informed.


We will try to address your concerns fully, provide you with an explanation and discuss any action that may be needed. We hope that, at the end of our investigation and/or the meeting, you will feel satisfied that we have dealt with the matter thoroughly.


Please note that we have to respect our duty of confidentiality to patients and a patient's written consent will be necessary if a complaint is not made by the patient in person.


Complaints NHS England receive

When to raise a formal complaint

If you have tried to resolve your complaint and this has failed, you can register an official complaint to NHS England via the complaints manager. You have several options for doing this:


By post

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT


By email

With ‘For the attention of the Complaints Manager’ in the subject line.

By telephone

0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)


NB if you raise a formal complaint with the practice you cannot them raise the same complaint with NHS England.


If you have raised a formal complaint with either the practice or NHS England and you are not happy with the response you can contact:


The Independent Complaints Advocacy Service who provides free help and support for people bringing formal complaints to the NHS. It is an independent and confidential service available in this area through South England Advocacy Projects (SEAP).


ICAS can be contacted on 0300 34 35 707 or their website


You have the right to ask the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman to review your complaint


Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman.

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower


By telephone Helpline: 0345 015 4033 (open 8.30am-5.30pm – Monday to Friday)












Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website